Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Winter Has Come

As I return from a break from this blog, Game of Thrones has finally returned, on Sunday, for it's fourth season since last Spring. Leading up to the premiere, almost every social site on the web has been creating posts relating to the series. Some of my favorite came from Mashable.com

One of my favorite posts of them all gives viewers a brief recap of Season 3 through the use of Emjois. It was hilariously adorable and accurate for me to recap what I needed to remember for the upcoming season.

Another interseting set of posts created by Mashable was "If Social Networks Were 'Game of Thrones' Houses" and a video of the opening sequence redone with social networks rather than the original family houses. 

Finally, outside of Mashable, BuzzFeed.com posted a series of pictures of the cast seen doing everyday activities or in normal clothes which I absolutely loved. For me, the majority of these actors and actresses I only know as their parts. So seeing Hodor at a dj booth rather than carrying around Bran made me smile.

The posts and lists related to Game of Thrones are countless all over the web. I have found, personally, that their fan base between seasons 3 and 4 have grown incredibly which is why I believe GoT has created such a buzz on the web. I am excited to see what season 4 will influence the online community to create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment